Make your donation go further
Gift Aid is a scheme that allows charities to reclaim tax on a donation made by a UK taxpayer, which means your donations will be worth 25% more to us at no extra cost to you.
If you Gift Aid your donations we can claim back from the government 25p for every £1 you donate to the Lake District Foundation.
How to Gift Aid your donations?
- If you donate online, you will be asked whether you would like to Gift Aid your donation.
- If you are sending a cheque, or you would like to add gift aid to a previous donation, download a Gift Aid Declaration form, and return to us by email or post.
What we need to claim Gift Aid
- Your full name and home address
- For you to be paying income tax or capital gains tax which at least equals the amount the Lake District Foundation and other charities and community amateur sports clubs will claim in the appropriate tax year (6 April one year to 5 April the next). This is currently 25p for every £1 you give.
- Using the declaration form, we can claim Gift Aid on all your donations in the last 4 years and all future donations.
- Once you have become a Gift Aid donor, please let us know if you stop paying tax or if you change your name/address so that we can update our records.