“Those few hours cast a spell that changed my life” – Wainwright.
Orrest Head Access Improvement Project - Complete
Now everybody can
see this view for themselves
Orrest Head Donations
The view from Orrest Head is spectacular, but not everyone has been able to get there to enjoy it because the top section of path is too steep and difficult.
We wanted to create an alternative path to this special viewpoint suitable for people with limited mobility, including people with powered-wheelchairs and families with pushchairs.
We needed funding to:
- Restore a section of Victorian carriage drive and create an accessible path to the viewpoint;
- Improve the water drainage and restore the eroded summit landscape;
- Replace the worn-out seating;
- Provide more information about the area and
- Involve local children in a project to create a new logo to waymark the route;
- Provide an all-terrain Lake District Mobility scooter for people to borrow to get to the viewpoint (outstanding).
Thank you for helping us to reach our fundraising target, but please help us to now maintain this amazing resource.