Apply for a Grant
The Lake District Foundation funds effective and evidence-based projects that share our goal that the Lake District and Cumbria will be an inspirational example of sustainable development in action, and a place where a prosperous economy, world-class visitor experiences and vibrant communities come together to sustain its spectacular landscape, wildlife and cultural heritage.
- Grants of up to £2,500 are available to projects delivered in Cumbria.
- We are open to creative and innovative ideas that have a measurable and sustainable impact.
- We are particularly keen to see projects that link to our World Heritage Inscription.
- All applications that meet the criteria will be reviewed by the grants panel.
- Shortlisted applicants may be invited to meet the panel and discuss their project further.
As an ethical funder, we strive to adhere to the 6 key principles for grant reporting:
- We explain why we have awarded a grant.
- We are clear about what grant reporting will look like.
- We are clear about the type of relationship we would like to have with the organisations we fund.
- We only ask for information we need and use, and question whether we need bespoke reporting.
- We give feedback on any grant reporting they receive, and share our thoughts on the progress of the work.
- We describe what we do with the information we obtain from funded organisations.
For more information please read the Grant Applicant Guidance.