Apply for a Grant
The Lake District Foundation funds effective and evidence-based projects that share our goal that the Lake District and Cumbria will be an inspirational example of sustainable development in action, and a place where a prosperous economy, world-class visitor experiences and vibrant communities come together to sustain its spectacular landscape, wildlife and cultural heritage.
- Grants of up to £5,000 are available to projects delivered in Cumbria.
- We are open to creative and innovative ideas that have a measurable and sustainable impact.
- We are particularly keen to see projects that link to our World Heritage Inscription.
- All applications that meet the criteria will be reviewed by the grants panel.
- Shortlisted applicants may be invited to meet the panel and discuss their project further.
As an ethical funder, we strive to adhere to the 6 key principles for grant reporting:
- We explain why we have awarded a grant.
- We are clear about what grant reporting will look like.
- We are clear about the type of relationship we would like to have with the organisations we fund.
- We only ask for information we need and use, and question whether we need bespoke reporting.
- We give feedback on any grant reporting they receive, and share our thoughts on the progress of the work.
- We describe what we do with the information we obtain from funded organisations.
For more information please read the Grant Applicant Guidance.
We are closed for applications at the moment, we will be open for applications again in Spring 2019, please sign up to our newsletter to make sure that you are notified promptly and and for more information.