Responsible to: Operations Manager
Salary: £20,092 pro rata
Hours: 2.5 days per week – 0.5 whole time equivalent.
Location: Home working with occasional travel to locations across the Lake District.
About the Lake District Foundation
The Lake District Foundation was established as a charity in August 2017. We inspire businesses, visitors and other donors to support projects and programmes of work across the Lake District. We are ambitious for our charity and want to work with individuals who share our vision and have a sense of what is possible.
The Communications Officer is responsible for showing the Lake District Foundation at its best, and its purpose is to build and protect the organisation’s reputation, creating a call to action that results in more people caring for the Lake District and donating to the causes we support.
We aim to use innovative communication tactics and technologies to connect with new people. When we communicate, we seek to stimulate caring and philanthropic values. We work collaboratively, always focusing on and demonstrating our impact.
Main Role Purpose:
To create a clear and compelling call to action for our core activity, projects and specific fundraising campaigns.
- Content creation – working with our small team to tell the story of our work and our plans
- This is to be communicated through a regular newsletter and across all social media platforms.
- Liaising with partners to share messages and amplify reach.
- Experience of designing and implementing a communications strategy
- High level of computer competency including media editing packages and all aspects of Microsoft Office
- Experience and/or knowledge of social media and other marketing channels
- Experience and/or knowledge of web editing (preferably wordpress)
- Ability to work flexibly and at pace
- Committed to the values, ethos and purpose of the Lake District Foundation
Personal and Professional Qualities
- Organised and methodical with ability to multi-task across several projects
- Flexible and adaptable to changing demands and new challenges
- Ability to work collaboratively in a small team
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Good time management and self-starter
Send your CV and covering letter to [email protected]
Closing date Monday 25th October 2021