Hours: 37.7 per week
Location: Hybrid/home working with occasional travel to locations across the Lake District and beyond. Option for 1 day a week in office base – this may be reviewed.
What We’re Looking For
To be successful in this role you will be an enthusiastic individual who can build/take projects from inception to successful delivery, provide leadership to others, and have experience of working in the charity sector. You will deputise where needed for the CEO and work closely with the trustees and the CEO to cement and secure the future of the organisation. You will have experience in operational and donor management and a wide range of skills befitting this sort of role. Working with our able team, you might be expected to get involved in HR, event management, finance and a range of other things as is often the case in a small charity. This post requires extensive experience of and a strong track record in fundraising, bid/tender writing and a wide range of skills befitting the role of Deputy CEO, including marketing and business development support.
Purpose of the Role:
The post holder will be responsible for the operational delivery of all aspects of the foundations work. This includes working with the fundraising manager to maximise income, working with the board and CEO to manage our grants programmes and overseeing reporting and programme requirements for our funded work. The post holder will also need good financial knowledge, specifically relating to the charity sector. This role requires an enthusiastic individual who can build and take projects from inception to successful delivery, provide leadership to others, and work closely with partners in the statutory, voluntary and private sectors.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Development and delivery of the business plan and fundraising strategy which aligns to LDF’s strategic objectives and reflects our main sources of income – individual giving, corporate donations and grants and trusts.
- Managing the implementation of these strategies, plans and processes with the support of a small team.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant policies and procedures, both internal and regulatory.
- Lead a review of LDF’s programmes and strategies, working to optimise activity in all areas, making recommendations to CEO and board.
- Assist the CEO and Finance Manager with the preparation of our Annual Budget, and to agree annual fundraising targets, reporting monthly on performance against financial targets and other agreed metrics.
- In partnership with the CEO, develop new programmes of activity and work to secure funding, mobilise and deliver.
- Providing leadership to the fundraising and project teams to ensure that targets are met.
- Collect, analyse, and interpret data to measure effectiveness and return on investment of different programmes in order to inform future activities.
- Liaise with volunteers, clients, contractors, and other stakeholders as necessary
- Promote the Charity’s work, assisting with demonstrations and fundraising and awareness events as appropriate.
- To perform any other reasonable tasks as requested
Knowledge and Experience
- Recent experience of working in a charity environment, or experience in related areas.
- A track record in developing and delivering fundraising strategies and plans that support organisational growth and income generation targets
- Demonstrable experience of developing donor relationships and leading (or supporting) major donor fundraising with individual and/or corporate major donors (which we define as those making gifts over £1000)
- Experience of charity governance and law, with regard to financial regulation and fundraising.
- Knowledge of current fundraising trends, emerging opportunities, and best practice
- Experience of leading a team
- Experience of recording, monitoring, and evaluating outputs and outcomes
- Experience of working in partnership with other organisations
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to create and implement strategic plans
- Proven ability to build strong and lasting relationships with a range of external supporters and influence and negotiate with external stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes
- Excellent coordination and organisational skills
- Strong communicator with the ability to communicate Lake District Foundation’s vision and activities to a range of audiences using a range of formats (written, verbal, digital)
- Ability to motivate team members and volunteers
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent working knowledge of key digital tools including social media platforms, CRM/contact databases, Microsoft Office Suite.
Personal Qualities & Attributes
- Self-motivated and a self-managing attitude
- High levels of determination and willingness to take on new challenges and responsibilities
- Collaborative and supportive
- Willing to challenge stereotyping, prejudice, discrimination and bias and commitment to the ethos and values of Lake District Foundation
- Effective team leader and team player
- Documentary evidence that you are eligible to live/work in the UK must be provided
- A home based role, with occasional travel to and across the Lake District National Park and wider Cumbria.
- Occasional evening and weekend work (TOIL will be given)
- Willing to carry out any additional work, challenges and responsibilities relevant to the role
Send your CV and covering letter to [email protected] or apply via our website at https://www.lakedistrictfoundation.org/send-us-your-cv-and-letter/
Closing date for applications 5pm Monday 21 November 2022
Date for interviews expected w/b 5 December 2022 (to be confirmed)
Volunteer with us
We are looking for motivated and passionate volunteers to support our team, and we have a variety of roles available.
Find out more here.
Share your skills
We are looking for talented individuals to work with us on specific fundraising campaigns and to help us develop our marketing and communications plans. This might be on a freelance basis, a secondment or as a member of our staff team. If you love the Lake District, are highly creative, work at pace and want to develop a career in the charity sector then please get in touch.
We are looking for people with skills and experience in:
- Donor relationship management with particular focus on high net worth individuals
- Campaign and events management
- Social media and SEO development
- Marketing and communications
- Community fundraising
- Bid writing
- Database administration